Thursday, September 3, 2015

Owen in preschool

It's been so amazing to see how different James and Owen are from each other. James finally today made his first tear free drop off. When he was 4 we tried doing preschool, but the drop off was so painful we finally quit, figuring we'd fight the battle once it was unavoidable. Owen started 2 day/ week preschool at a new friend's house on Tuesday. At drop off he gave me a kiss, waved good bye and ran in smiling (let's be clear- it's my new friend, Owen had never played at their house.) He has thanked me repeatedly for putting him in school, while James daily states he wishes he could just stay home with me.
While James has always aimed to please me, Owen lives in the passion of the moment. This week as we were playing upstairs he excused himself to get a snack. When he didn't come back, I found him in the kitchen bathing his arms in my new jar of Nutella. (I was too focused on managing mess to remember to snap a picture.) When I found him he said, as he likes to say these days, "Sorry Momma, do you still love me?" And it appeared to be only upon getting caught, that he realized it was something I'd disapprove of (not that that slows him typically.)
I think it will be really great having more time to focus on him as an individual, rather than James' less obedient side kick. He's been really precious this week.
It's also been really fun to get a little more 1:1 time with Bode. Though, today as I tried to clean while Owen was at preschool I realized what a help he has become in entertaining Bode. I just adore that my boys love each other so much!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Bode is so much like James with his little bald head like James had as a baby. And when I saw that picture of Owen, I thought he was James! Well, a younger version. Your boys are looking more alike to me lately. And Owens hair got lighter. That helped. So adorable.

Kim said...

Glad you guys are having creative fun with Nutella. Need me to send you some vegemite?