Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Kindergarten!

My whole life I've felt like people with school aged children were....older? Well, today I joined than group. No going back.
James was a champ. We've been meeting parents around the neighborhood who have had James' new teacher in the past. They all have had the exact same response. "Oh Mrs Olson! She's very.... (do a hand chopping motion with a stern facial expression). She's great though. Very ..(again hand chopping motion.)" We're curious to learn exactly what that unanimous motion means. 
This morning before school (which starts at 7:20 by the way. What in the world!) Randy gave James a fathers blessing to help him be less worried, and before hand we described what that meant and referenced "priesthood power" from our primary lesson (I'm his teacher for ctr 4).
I didn't get to hear most of the blessing because I was straining to hush Owen's tantrum during it. On the drive to school James said "I'm feeling just braver and braver and more of that priesthood power. I'm just getting more of that power with each breathe!" And sure enough, no crying as I dropped him off. Bit of a miracle right there.

(Sorry for the poor pic quality. It is, what it is.)
And here's our deck update. We are so loving it.


1 comment:

Kim said...

So sweet! I love James' testimony of priesthood power. And in his first picture I thought maybe he had started using a blind persons walking cane? But then i see it is, um, a stuffed toy on a string? So did you figure out what the hacker movement refers to? (: