Monday, February 16, 2015

Lutsen and Bode 6mos



Last weekend we went on a ski trip up to Lutsen Mountain (abt 4hrs north, right on Lake Superior) with our friends the Wortleys. They have 2 boys abt the same ages as James and Owen. We stayed at Eagle Ridge (right on the ski slope) and just traded turns watching kids. We had such a great time. The boys played Legos, rode the Gondola and swam in the pool and hot tub attached right to our condo. We could watch from the balcony as parents, on occasion, passed right over our place on the chairlift. The slope was accessible straight from our building. James tried his hand at skiing, jumping right into blue square/ intermediate slope out the back, and caught on immediately. My kids are going to surpass me in every athletic endeavor so quickly!

Bode is 6 months now! It is passing so quickly. He continues to be wonderfully social, and smiley, and best of all, he LOVES his Mama (though James gives me a run for my money at being favorite- he and Bode adore each other). I could stroke that little bald head of his all day (good shot of it in all it's fuzzy glory below.)
According to his 6mos checkup this week, he is still 99th% for length, and 97th% for weight, but he only went from 20lbs to 21lbs over the last 2 months, and still fits into the 1yr old clothes (that's what he's been wearing since abt 3 mos), so I'm thinking he's going to pull an "Owen" and become a tiny 1 year old. Maybe. He's a big boy.


1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks like a great vacation ski trip. I've been skiing maybe three times and I felt so proud that once I was able to graduate from green circle to do one blue square run by the end of a ski day (and ended up with only a minor sprain of my right thumb!). James rocks! And how fun that you could see the chairlift from your balcony and that the hot tub was right there....good accommodation choice! And what a cute baby!